What happens when the site sleeps

Jul 7, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Does this account for the fact that ASP.Net sites may stop if there is no activity?

If it does, can you tell me how it does it?

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Yes this is exactly what I thought.

Normally you would schedule tasks in a Windows Service.

However, when this is a usable project for IIS scheduled tasks, I am very interested

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Hello, actually the idea came from a problem on my website. I did a newsletter system and need something that every x days, send the newsletter to the registered email. But everything he tried did not work. HostingEnvoriment al found hidden in the. NET Framework was found that a guy who stood at the Static Pool Website.

Then I thought of when I work hard to find the solution was then shared this.

The project is small and as my website is not in the air, I can not tell if that's good or not. Well count on you to help me improve the project! Thank you!

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Dewey, about your question what happens is :

The ASP.NET as a web server works with all requests that means it opens -> processing -> responssing -> close .However, there are the Pool which is nothing less than a process of windows opened by IIS pool that stores information such as physical path, rights, modules ...

Well, there's a class that represents this pool is for it that can store data in memory.

So it only ASP.NET website to IIS when it closes, but he is in memory. it is possible to view the task manager.